Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

> I really like the electric fan. Makes so much more room in the engine
> compartment.

The downside is that they can and do fail. They are working in one of
the hottest parts of the engine bay. I don't know about MB fans but this
was a weak point when I owned a VW Jetta that had an electric fan. I
replaced it at least three times during my ownership.

Of course, the belt can fail on belt-driven fans, but IMO there's more
opportunity to see that coming and deal with it proactively.

Allan