I have a similar arrangement for “paddle” or spade type wood bits in one drawer
of my tool box. It holds them all and “lays down” so I can close the drawer. I
just cut the 2x4 to the width of the drawer and put a screw in from each side
to hold it in place and act as a pivot. It does take a lot of space, but at
least my bits are in order and stored in an organized fashion.

-D