We see plenty of people from south of the border here legally, visiting
family. One of my patients right now is here on vacation from Mexico. But
he probably got it here. We have plenty of covid on our side of the border
to account for what we are seeing.

I think the housing situation here is driving it. Prices drive many people
to live in houses that have been added on to and expanded over the years,
either for large families or just to collect rent from people who need a
room. But the rest of the house is often shared. Covid travels easily in
households, and if the people are all working construction etc they can get
it and bring it home. I think this explains a lot of the ethnic disparity
in burden of disease for our state, anyway. We certainly have a lot of
immigrants but many of them are lower in socioeconomic status which drives
household sizes up.