[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've seen 2 methods for adjusting the ALDA - turning the set screw .5 to 1.5 turns or adding a shim.

Is there a preferred method?  Why is one better than the other?
I need to adjust it and want to use the best method - I also plan to check the pressure hose and and banjo fitting.

Adjusting the screw is easier. Adding a shim does not require removing the anti-tamper cap. I've never heard of anyone having problems with an emissions check station noticing the missing cap, but I imagine it could happen. Adding a shim is also helpful if you need more adjustment than the screw can provide. There is no defined end stop but cranking it too far will damage the ALDA.