To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Adjusting ALDA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've seen 2 methods for adjusting the ALDA - turning the set screw .5 to 1.5
turns or adding a shim.

Is there a preferred method?  Why is one better than the other?
I need to adjust it and want to use the best method - I also plan to check
the pressure hose and and banjo fitting.

Thanks - BTW, I hope to use the ALDA removal method shown at
http://www.w124performance.com/images/OM603_injection/ where the intake
manifold is left in place.

There is NO really "correct" way as Mercedes discourages any adjustment
in the field. Still they finally did publish a description in the late
'80s/early 90s (attached) and that might be considered "preferred."

It CAN be done on an OM602.96 engine without pulling off the intake
manifold (it just looks impossible).

The screw adjustment (as outlined) is MUCH easier and minor adjustments
a quick and easy. Establishing the correct shim thickness is more of a
challenge.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84
190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)