Jim,

I've already replaced the caliper and got no change. None of the mounting bolts look too long, the emergancy brake is used regularly and is snug at about 4 clicks. The puzzle is that it occurs regularly after a standard set of highway miles(10-12) and after an interval of 8-10 hrs (parked during the day or overnight) is absent until the usual distance is driven. When I replaced the rotors I was surprised at the difficulty of removing the old versus the ease that this new one seems to almost fall off the hub. I've attributed this to my failure to release the parking in the initial replacement and have wondered if I damaged something in the parking brake mechanism during the rotor removal. The right side has behaved fine, but I do recall the rotor was easier to remove. Whether I realized what was making the removal difficult or merely a difference in the parking brake tightness, who knows. Thanks for the help.

Neal