I hate to get involved in these conversations but consider this:

Perhaps what you're seeing is actually designed to increase division
between left and right by reinforcing their preconceived notion people
already have as the "enemy" on the other side.  Remember that social media
runs on extremes, conflict, click bait, and extreme ideas.  People then
feed on this, share it, reinforce the idea and it spreads like wildfire.
Algorithms make sure you keep seeing the same ideas, not new ones that may
offer a conflicting message.  Promoting the idea that "everyone is getting
along, things are getting better" doesn't make much money.

Generally accepted now that there is significant foreign influence in
creating these divisive posts.  Lots of it doesn't originate in the US.
Think about that for a moment!

If you haven't seen anything positive on Biden in the last 24 hours, then
you really need to reconsider your sources.  I'm not talking about whether
you like what he did or not, I'm saying that the news has been flooded with
what he's been up to as president.  He, like any other president from any
party, is quite busy his first day in office.

It saddens me to see people I've known for a long time take on extreme
positions.  I believe most people are moderate in their political views by
nature, and we have a huge amount we agree on as Americans.  But the
current situation with social media and media in general is ensuring that
we forget that and turn against our friends and family.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 5:38 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Here is a serious question for my democrat friends. For the last 4 years I
> have seen non stop obsessive posts (on Fakebook) bashing Trump. He is now
> out of office and I still see this. I do not recall ever seeing any
> positive posts promoting Biden and what good he is going to do for our
> country. With that said, can any of you help me out and give me your
> position in support of Biden that does not involve Trump bashing?  I am
> trying to keep an open mind to find out what I have to look forward to for
> at least the next 4 years.  If you don’t have anything to say regarding the
> positive things Joe is going to do, then there is no need to post.
>

> Sent from my iPhone

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/