I agree, if you had it floored most of the time something is wrong.  While
they’re not fast, they should easily get up to highway speed to the point
that you have to back off unless you encounter a steep hill.  Keeping the
pedal down will bring you to 85-90mph pretty easily.

Start with linkage, and all the maintenance stuff of course

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 11:10 AM Jim Cathey via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Even my W115 200D would maintain 85mph floored on the flats.
> Eventually.  If your 240D can't do that, it's not dialed in right.  The
> Albatross (240D) had real problems at first, but that's because
> somebody dicked with the throttle linkages to the point where it
> would not reach full throttle.  Probably not even half.
>
> -- Jim

> --
Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/