In a 240D, not too much to worry about with today's speed limits.
Petal to the medal unless you seem to be going faster than everybody else.
Fuel up every five hours.
And pray the oil pressure gauge doesn't drop to zero.

Too bad about that Italian tune-up the car didn't get.
Didn't Klebbie check the throttle linkage before selling it?

OK Don via Mercedes wrote:
I think the issue is that he's on the road now, and would like to know how
fast he's going and how much fuel he has while driving at night. He can fix
it when he gets home, but what does he do tonight?
I vote for a red led headlamp. I keep one in the airplane for night flying
- as the instrument lights in the 1957 Cessna are rudimentary at best.