Hard starting could be some tight valves.

White/blue smoke is unburned fuel, could be some injectors are still
dirty dispite the purge. Drive it for a few weeks with some more Italian
tuneups, Techron additive in the fuel. Check the air filter and intake
for any mouse nests or general filth etc.

Check throttle linkage for missing bushings and other looseness.

If the tank gauge is working normally otherwise, the reserve light could
maybe be a bad ground? The reserve light is always dimly on in my 300SD,
and I have not sorted out why.

Allan