Zoltan Finks wrote:
Tonight as I parused the underhood of the 240D I was disappointingly
surprised to find the word "Japan" embossed on my water pump.

Not being racist, just thinking that this means that there is a cheap
replacement water pump on the engine that I recently bought and had
installed.

Any word on whether this indicates that I have a McParts water pump - and
whether this means that it is of supect quality?

A Mercedes pump WILL have a star on it. Lots of pumps without stars work just fine. Some don't.

You can worry about it if you choose to. Does the engine overheat? If not, there's nothing to worry about. If it does overheat, you need to fix that!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)