on 5/17/06 2:06 AM, Zoltan Finks at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I ask because the PO seemed to have a habit of screwing around with the
> wires in the thing, and I'm not sure what he did (or was trying to do). The
> cigarette lighter base is missing, along with the glove box light (the hole
> for which has a few wires running out of it with crude splicings of speaker
> wire onto them).
>
> So I'm hoping that the three wires that are hanging out of the radio hole
> are the three I'll need to hook up a radio. Sound right?

Nooo, you will need more than that.

Grabbing the cig lighter power is a standard indicator of someone being in
there doing an install who didn't know their posterior from a golf green, so
get a flashlight and start looking at what's up with the wires inside the
dash.

However as stereos do use two power sources (one unswitched for the
display/clock/antenna, one switched for the main unit functions), if you are
insanely lucky he may have just used the lighter and glove box power hot
wires and maybe the actual stereo harness hasn't been messed with. Too much.

I just HATE it when guys do half-wit stereo installs, then deliver the coup
de grace by destroying everything when they rip the unit out.

--
"Mac"
Steve MacSween