I have an old Milwaukee battery drill I really liked, it was very solid and powerful.  It had a NiCad battery, one of which exploded on me while I was using it high up on a ladder, Milwaukee sent me a new one overnight.  I later saw a recall on them so got another battery too.  They are all dead now, I think I ordered some eBay specials that sorta worked for awhile but never held charge for long.  I wonder if it is possible to get a lithium replacement to cobble up something to keep using the drill.  It's such a shame to throw out good equipment.

--
--FT