"What I used to do all night now takes all night to do"

I started going back to the gym to work out last week, decided to stare the covids in the spikes (the place is very large and hardly used when I go, very clean, gotta carry a bottle of disinfectant around to clean the machines after use).  I was feeling awful not working out, it is feeling good now getting some muscles stretched and strengthened.  I figure the risk is worth it as I consider other health aspects of being a slug and getting fat (I definitely put on the Covid 19, my trousers have shrunk!).

On another aspect I have related that I participated in the Astra Zeneca covids vax trial here, got my shots in Nov/Dec and had a rxn to both which led me to believe I got the actual vax although I cheated and went and got antibody tests which were both negative.  These tests are not particularly reliable so that didn't mean much.

On Monday the state "allowed" those in my age group to sign up for a Pfizer vax so i did that and got my first shot scheduled for 29Mar and the second for 24Feb (yes their scheduling app was a total disaster, I have no idea how it managed that). I went to get a blood draw on Thursday as part of the ongoing trial follow-up so told the girl that I had an appt for the Pfizer vax, could they unblind me to find out if I got the vax or not.  Before I got home I got an email saying I got the placebo.  Weird, I still don't understand how I had a rxn to the shots, which I was told were only saline in the placebo.

In any case it appears that having 2 vaccines is not an issue if indeed I had gotten the actual AZ vax.  A MD/PhD drug dev kind of guy friend who worked on setting up the trial here has talked to both AZ and Pfizer scientists about any additive issues, they are still kinda uncertain on it but don't believe there would be any problems but maybe not any additional protections.  Early indications are that the AZ vax is not as effective on the new mutations as is Pfizer but they are not totally sure yet.  The Pfizer (as well as Moderna) and AZ vaxxes are different types but both apparently effective so something to consider if you have choices.  The AZ vax is not yet approved in the US for reasons unclear but it is being rolled out elsewhere including Europe and India and many other countries.

So anyway I will go on 24Feb to get the first stab then some time later to get the second (which should be sooner than 29Mar, I will have to get them to organize that).

--FT