On 2021-02-19 09:02, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
We had a Harbor Freight battery charger, a larger one, 10a maybe, at
camp.

My dad bought a heavy little transformer charger, I think 6A.
I think it was about a year old when I was looking for something to charge his lawnmower and he told me to use it. It didn't do anything, not on the mower, not on the tractor, not on his pickup...

My neighbor has a HF smart charger with switching power supply, must be about ten years old. Works fine, but if the battery is flat you need to jump start the charger to make it believe it has a battery hooked up t0 it.