The SAE "logo" should say if it's Diesel (Cx) rated.  I understand that gas
engine oil (Sx) is actually a better lubricant but doesn't handle suspended
soot as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Dimitri Seretakis via Mercedes
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2021 9:46 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dimitri Seretakis <dsereta...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Oil for OM602

I normally use ( only once since I’ve only owned it for one year) M1 5W40
Turbodiesel Truck but they didn’t have it at Walmart so I bought Castrol Edge
5W40 synthetic. Is this an ok oil? It didn’t say diesel on the front label but
on the back of the label it says suitable for gasoline and light duty diesel.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone