From what I've seen the problem is that companies seem to think they can just
throw all the work to an outsourcer and get quality results back. To get a
quality product a bunch of your cost savings are going to be eaten up in
managing the outsourcing company.
I actually did that for a little while, we had outsourced some support to
Canada. I had a realtime view of wait times which were usually under a minute
but then I got complaints from customers (I was doing escalation support) about
long waits. It turned out the call center would put every caller into 10
minutes of limbo. The call had been "answered" which we paid the call center a
fee for, but they wouldn't be connected to a tech for 10 minutes. The call
center wanted you to hang up and call back so they could get paid the
connection fee again...

-Curt

    On Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 11:56:55 PM EDT, Allan Streib via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

> Much of the offshored work in software and other industries has been
> very poor quality and not as easily offshored as originally
> thought. This is why tech companies fight for immigration visas to
> bring people to the US.

That is true, and I have experienced it, but fundamentally the
programmers in India or Asia are just as smart as the ones in San
Francisco. Sooner or later they will figure out what standard of quality
will get them paid.

Allan