Life is short.  I was getting marginal test results and carried some excess
mass that the Medico would give me stink eye about, but no preaching, just
shared my numbers so I could ignore or maybe take my own form of action.

A few years ago I figured out that a vintage/older/classic chassis may no
longer require the alimentary supplementation of a younger and
growing/developing critter, so cut back to a single daily meal.  Slightly well
rounded on a weekly metabolic nutrient basis (multi vitamin and ignore the five
of this, six of that, daily calorie/vitamin/fruit/veggie/meat/starch food
pyramid scheme).  Drink plenty of fluids and eat what you like within the one
meal every 24 hours.  Still have a breaking of fasting and tiny “treat” or
small snack each day, but there is real hunger and not just boredom and rote
three meals.  Eating only when truly hungry and fasting, since old folks
require less sustenances.

Last few annual physicals have had significant reductions of “troubling” (MD’s
assessment) test results.  BP is lower, cholesterols are much lower (to the
point the doc stopped trying to push statin), blood sugar is way down, and just
more “fit” at least on paper.

I still indulge with bacon, fats, ice cream, and the other supposed “bad” food.
 Same old Garbage In, Garbage Out, but with less of it, the results on tests
show I am super more healthful.  It did result in a loss of 20 kilo of
un-required mass.  My meals are satiating and rich enough to please.  I think
it boils down to moderation as one ages.  Grab that donut, eat the bacon, eggs,
sausage and gravy, whatever makes your soul happy, but not at all hours of the
day every darn day.  Nobody performs the labors that a rural agrarian diet
required anymore.  We sit on our duff consuming netflix with a quart of rocky
road and a package of Oreo after Zoom calls while our butts go numb.

YMMV, just take the time to figure out what your specific lifestyle requires
and amend your consumption and activity to satisfy the need.  Eat a Twinkie if
it makes you happy, just not the whole damn box in one sitting.

clay

I have no pronouns please do not refer to me.