A quick look online suggests that the filter may be in the return line to the tank and will be under pressure. Over pressure may mean nothing more than the filter is dirty and clogged up and needs to be changed. The whole of the oil might need to be changed if it is making filters dirty too quickly and that could mean that parts of the system are wearing and making the fluid dirty.

RB