There was an update where the hours of water was mostly due to the car being
flat on the ground and little bits of fire continuing to come back for some
time. They said the 4 hours were basically somebody standing around with a hose
cooling things off over and over.
I used autopilot on a Tesla 2 years ago, it required you to turn it on, not
unlike cruise control and if your hands came off the wheel for longer than 20
or 30 seconds it would kick out. IIRC at some point it would pull over and stop.
I wonder if the driver set the cruise control not realizing that it wasn't
autopilot. The crash occurred pretty after they set off.
-Curt

    On Friday, April 23, 2021, 4:01:16 PM EDT, Randy Bennell