I need to get a hand to take off the hard top from the SL600 then try the soft top and see if it works.  I never have.  I'm guessing there are cylinders leaking as I found an o-ring kit in the trunk when I got the car.  There might be a bad switch or two as well, the light is always blinking like it is not happy about things being latched down, but the hard top is tight. The hard top needs a new liner too, it is sagging.  It has that sorta light gray on it now, I'm wondering if replacing that or doing black to match the interior.  I saved your tutorial on that job, I should probably get it done when I get the top off.

The new water pump finally came Saturday, i was going to put it on yesterday but got mired down in changing driver window regulator on the girlchild's 124.  About like doing a 123, which is to say it would not be too hard if the cheepchineechit regulator I bought did not have the bolts about 2mm too far apart to fit in the door holes.  A bigger hole drilled out solved that problem after about an hour of cussing it.  The old regulator didn't look bad, not sure why it was not putting the window all the way up.  Anyway the new one works OK so that is good.  I had to drill out the rivets on the speaker frame, have to hit the hardware store to buy some small short bolts to put it back in then can get it buttoned up.  It also needs new front brakes so that is on the list to do.  It is a pretty nice car for a 95, I guess I will fix the brakes and try to sell it.

--FT