John Peterson / ImmersionStudio LLC wrote:
First symptom this morning with the 300D 2.5 is a slow shutdown, maybe 10
seconds.  I'm suspicious of the shutdown valve.  Where is it?  Can I test
with MityVac?  What do they cost?

More likely a vacuum leak (every rubber junction is suspect), but the shutoff valve is a less likely possibility. The valve is on top of the injection pump with a single (usually) brown vacuum line going to it. Old vacuum line rubber connections often leak more when cold.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)