I remember two things about that ride.
1. At the moment the new owner launched [it was truly a launch] I came to
realize I had failed to install handholds for a passenger.
2. I then came to realize the only thing keeping me inside the open car was
my superior olympic strength butt cheeks, firmly gripping the seat cushion.
Absolutely no nannies were along for that ride.  ahhh.. "The good old
days"  [what makes them good, is you lived through them."