When the DAG showed up she says to the DAD "you just had surgery and shouldn't be driving after taking those painkillers." Uhhhh....  okeedokee then...

I told my lawyer and he just rolled his eyes and said if we go to trial we will subpoena his medical records and drill down on that issue.  We decided against pursuing the more serious charge as the DAD shyster said "No South Carolina jury will convict a driver of hitting a bicycle rider" and unfortunately my lawyer agreed with that, even though it was clear DAD was totally in the wrong.  There wasn't a lot to gain, other than some satisfaction, from chasing that charge, so we let it go.

--FT