I was glad to see that the law does mention some rider responsibilities too.
Around where my folks live there were a few riding groups that also wanted to
go out and see the sights, its the coast of Maine, seems nice right? Well these
folks thought they could just get out of work a little early and go for a ride.
So every Friday night around 4:30pm 20 or so riders would go 5 abreast all
around town, during rush hour. They wouldn't yield for anybody and you had to
creep along behind them until you parted ways with them. They were totally
obnoxious. If you were sitting at a stop sign they would swarm around you and
then take off ahead of you, often cutting off traffic and nearly causing
accidents.
This went on for about a month until enough people called the police that the
group was met by a group of officers whole explained that they could ride
politely or not ride at all. They tried to keep up their antics and were
quickly shut down, IIRC bikes were impounded, charges were filed. It got quite
messy for awhile...
-Curt

    On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 5:36:39 PM EDT, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes