On 2021-06-14 13:37, G Mann via Mercedes wrote:

Looks pretty anemic to do any hard pan digging, or rocky soil.

My next project is digging up my 50 year old driveway and putting a culvert under it. I started digging by hand several years ago, quit when I got down to big chunks of concrete that somebody put down for a base before the gravel was hauled in. I think a good TLB or a mini excavator would be the minimum for that job.

If I were digging a drainfield in the sandy soil in my mom's yard, well, that little 9hp digger would be way faster than digging by hand...