SWMBO's Infiniti has an alarm system that stays on high alert if anything
is open, like the trunk or hood.  I was diagnosing a high current drain,
decided to ask online in a forum before I spent hours pulling fuses, and
got an immediate answer to close all the doors and trunk and then tape down
the hood switch so the alarm system thought the hood was closed, and THEN
check the current draw.  It was normal.
Max
Charleston SC