I think Pierre has an opinion on that, you can probably guess.

His advice was too make sure you got the proper manifold o-rings for the GM
compressor, they have some metal in them.

I think you can get standard GM compressor and flip the rear cap around to make
the oil flow correct for the upside down install in the Benz, save a few
bennies?  There is some trick to using those old compressors.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC