Hope you get that figured out, sounds pretty miserable.  Are you allowed to
dig out a big pond / drainage area?  I'd think about that, create a nice
big pond, and then all that dirt that is dug out can be used to build up
your levees and such to keep water out of the shop.  May need to use some
ancient Egyptian technology to get your elevations correct.

Not a solution to flooding, but have you thought about pouring a concrete
floor in the shop?
Max
Charleston SC