Driving around town I am seeing a general lack of infrastructure able to
support increased EV usage.  ANC has nearly outgrown its transmission line
capability.  There does seem to be more integrated generation capacity to feed
into lines, if they were to be built along the Railbelt (Seward to Fairbanks)
but there are no plans for it.  Yet.

As for roads, the ones in town are showing excessive wear and there is no plan
or cash on hand to bring them into safe status.  That could be related to
present plague, economic downturn, and vexatious political nature of GWN.  The
commercial space vacancy was already rather high at the end of 2019.  The
recent upswell in empty storefronts has left orphan shops in commercial
structures.  No taxes gets you no public works.

SEA is busily building out public transport, but doing very little to keep
roadways in good repair.  I saw the same damaged roads I drove on two years ago
having gotten worse.  Add to that the trolls tossing large debris onto cars on
the interstates and city streets, and that EV is going to be rattled apart
after having a chunk of cement lobbed through the windscreen.  The municipal
utility did string new high tension copper in my old neighborhood around 15
years ago.  Too many transformers were exploding.  Tree trimming is also
picking up.

BTW, the cash from the homestead sale dropped friday. I am having bad thoughts.
 Lucky for me, there is a dearth of vehicles available to invest in.

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur