Is this the El Merde del Gato version?

--FT

On 7/30/21 4:31 PM, Andrew Strasfogel wrote:
So your Good Deed does not go unrewarded I will ship you a jar of my organic jalapeno jelly.  Just send me your address off list.

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 4:17 PM Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:

    I stopped at the farmstand at the end of my driveway to get some
    veg as
    I was on my way home from errands.  As I was leaving this young
    pregger
    woman with a toddler in tow comes to ask my buddy Lonnie who works
    there
    if anyone has jumper cables.  I say sure I can get some but let's
    check
    the problem.  While I am getting ready to do that a kid comes with
    cables to jump the car.  I go look and it is this newish Lexus big
    SUV
    thing.  So I'm thinking the nannies might not like this kid with his
    clapped out old truck messing with it, so I think about it a
    minute and
    ask the guy of the key does anything. No.  It has a button start
    so you
    have to wave the key at the car or something, in any case it wasn't
    doing anything.  So I think maybe the key fob is dead so I open it up
    and it has a 1632 battery in it, smaller than the usual 2032 (by
    4mm!).
    I don't have any of those so I tell the guy let me go home (which is
    right behind where we were) and see if I have any batteries, and I
    will
    bring another battery we can swap in the vehicle to see if it will
    start.

    So I go home (in the 05E320 to get the 05ML500 that has my tools
    in it)
    to fetch a battery, regular size, and swap it in for the one that
    is in
    there.  The one in the vehicle has a 9/20 sticker on it and is
    hotternhell.  Duracell from Batteries and Bulbs, which I think
    used to
    be Batteries Plus.  Now it is like 96F out right now, but this
    thing I
    could barely touch. So I am thinking it has kakked and the alternator
    was dumping a LOT of electrons into it, and it was Not Happy. So I
    got
    the battery in and it farred right up.  Yay me.

    So the girl is there with her parents who are from Nooyawk and her
    toddler and they had just been to the beach and were stuck there, she
    was panicked calling her husband to come fetch them, or deal with a
    battery, or whatever.  Anyway, I told her to go to B&B and get
    them to
    give her a new battery, no crap about having to pay, the thing was
    9months old, left mine in there and told her to bring it back when
    they
    got it sorted.  The Nooyawka dad was amazed that someone actually
    helped
    and expected nothing, and the mama never said anything, I think
    she was
    in overload on the whole affair.  The preggo daughter was very
    sweet but
    she has lived here for 18yr so she has acclimated to the customs.

    At least today I ain't going to hell but it almost feels like it
    outside
    right now.

    Oh, and while I am there I get a text msg from Fedex saying they
    couldn't deliver my dog food.  So I am looking and there is no Fedex
    truck anywhere around, so that was another good job by Fedex. I did
    remember that when I had left a coupla hours earlier a Fedex truck
    turned around on the road right in front of my driveway and I had to
    wait for it, and I was thinking, why is he not dropping off my dog
    food.  What an organization.  Time before last I think the driver
    stole
    the dog food as it never showed up even though I got a message it had
    been delivered.  I called Chewy and they sent another package,
    which was
    screwed up too until another driver went and retrieved it, supposedly
    off someonenotme's porch.  I wonder how much "shrinkage" there is on
    these deliveries.

-- --FT

--FT