I used to have a Datsun B3000 or something like that, early 80's econobox sedan.

The tune-up procedure for setting the ignition timing was to note the current
setting, perform a 0-60 run and note the time required.  Adjust a small amount
in either direction, perform 0-60 run, compare original and new time, and
proceed with further adjustment until the fastest time was achieved.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC