Sounds about right. I've done the job twice - once by the manual -
took me about 20 hours, and through the speaker hole the second time -
took 6-8 hours. I had to glue the speaker cover frame back on to keep
it from rattling - the lip it snaps to had to be cut off to get the
fan out.

MB lists the job as 18 hours labor, IIRC, to do it the Benz way.   If you go
the trans-speaker hole route, it can be cut down to 5-6 hours, BUT you end
up with banged-up knuckles and hands and lots of swearing.  The whole car
was built around the blower motor on the MB assembly line, so getting to it
is the bear.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK