I agree with Floyd. An ML or GL would be perfect for such types of travel, and
modern enough to be easily serviced just about anywhere.

While a W126 that’s well sorted and in good shape would be nice, if something
happens to it and you’re in bumf*ck wherever, getting it serviced will be a
challenge.

-D