I had put the batteries from the snowmobile club's Pisten Bully on the
batteryMinder on maintenance mode a month ago. Monday I took them over and put
them in the machine. Remember this has a big Mercedes diesel truck engine, I
forget exactly, OM3xx something.The 2 batteries are in series for 24v starting
and are dated 2014. Last winter they were on their last legs and the Minder
brought them around, hopefully they'll last this year.
Anyway it cranked a looong time but finally fired off. Unfortunately when it
fired off the starter button (switch) stuck on. So I shut the key off and
noodled around to loosen the button. Lather, rinse, repeat. I could get the
button to work fine as long as the engine didn't start but as soon as it
started the button would stick.
In desperation I finally shot a little Houdini lock lube around the button, it
was the only lube I had with me. Seems to have done the trick and smells nice
too. At this point the batteries were toast but the machine did manage to crank
up one last time. I let it run for 15 minutes, hopefully got enough electrons
into the batteries to make up for the torture.
-Curt

    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 04:04:23 PM EST, Clay via Mercedes