OIL SAE viscosity?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Clay via Mercedes
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 4:04 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Clay <clay.dread...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mercedes is selling vaporware

Temps this week hover around 0*F in ANC.  The carpet installers are using
the garage to prep so the cars are out on the street.  I tried to move one
that had sat overnight to put it in the driveway.  Maybe 30 hour cold soaked
and that poor battery was nearly incapable of spinning it over.  Like a no
glow start on an OM615.  Did get it lit off after a few tries and hooked it
to the charger once the engine was up to temp and battery warmed.  Tried to
move it this morning and it was not happy.  Maybe it wants a real winter
battery.

Clay

<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Ask the folks in Teslas who were stranded on the interstate in Virginia.
>
> I think at least the newer EV cars do not use resistance heating, which
would be a heavy drain on the batteries, but use a heat pump system which
should be more efficient, at least as long as it's not *too* cold outside.

> I don't know how a half-charged EV vs. a car with a half-tank of gas would
compare as far as keeping warm enough to prevent hypothermia in a "stranded
in a blizzard" scenario.