People will say if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.  While that is true, would those same people be OK with installing cameras being installed in their house to make sure they are safe?  We continue to let them invade our privacy or take away freedoms little by little.  If you look back 20 or 30 years, it is amazing how far it has gone.

On 3/21/2022 6:10 PM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote:
It's called a surveillance state and we are living in one. It's not political.
I don't like it either.

Rick

From: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: March 21, 2022 6:05 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: ka...@striplin.net
Subject: [MBZ] plate readers

Watching the local news, I see TPD is talking about these new plate
readers they are installing around town that sends an alert to the cops
about various things.  Talked about placing them in the high crime areas
aka the ghetto.  The other day saw the sheriffs dept was installing some
too.  Without getting into a political discussion, I am not sure I
really like this idea at all.