The basic principle is that anything happening in public (I.e., not your
home/property that is not visible) is fair game for observation, monitoring ,
or whatever, unless there is a law to stop it. In SC speed cameras are not
allowed to be used to issue speeding tickets, but I can use a radar gun to
measure speeds of cars. First amendment rights allow me to do that as well as
take photos etc.

Intercepting cell phone conversations requires a warrant I believe.

--FT
Sent from iFōn