I got to sit in on a simulation once at the SAC bunker of an ICBM attack. Used
fast Polaroid film transparencies/slides off a pic of a computer screen of some
sort that would go right to a projector. The whole thing was Strangelovian and
scared the shit out of me.

This capped off a tour of a Looking Glass aircraft wherein they ran through a
launch release sim (B-52s and missiles) while talking to an actual Looking
Glass orbiting at the pole. And then a tour of a NEACAP plane that was on hot
standby. The guards on the ramp  had their weapons pointed in our general
direction even after we got waived through.

Fun times.

--FT
Sent from iFōn