Yes, I wish I knew that then.

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Cathey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] need advice & A possibly entertaining story.

I had a similar trip to VA to pick up a 87 300SDL I bought years ago. It was February when I went down, and I too discovered as I headed north home to NY that I had no heat. I watched the outside temp gauge go from around 50 in
southern VA to -2 when I got home. I shivered for hours.

Time for a quick roadside stop to unplug the monovalve and temporarily
remove its insert to make sure it's not waterlogged.  (So it'll be
open when reassembled and probably stay that way for a bit.)  All
you need is a flatblade screwdriver.

126 bandaid tip #14C.

-- Jim