On 2022-05-27 13:57, G Mann via Mercedes wrote:
I understand that many European cities are now leasing roof space on
commercial buildings [which is otherwise unexploited real estate and
installing solar farms in that space, which is, in most cases, tall enough
to be above trees and obstructions for a clear solar exposure.]

That beats buying up productive farmland and planting PV panels. My area has seen a bit of that in recent years. It's funny to watch the complaining from the NIMBY types. Would you rather have them sell the farm to developers so you'd have to share the road with 100 new neighbors?

To my way of thinking, a PV farm would be the ideal neighbor. They're quiet, their methhead offspring don't ransack your garden shed, and they don't clog up the local roads.

I think I'll do some aerial videography of Eaton County's PV farms and other counties' turbine farms.
Just have to remember not to fly where the turbine blades sweep.