From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Joe Knight
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:06 AM
To: Mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anyone install a towing hitch on their 124 chassis? ...

Haven't yet gotten around to installing it but I scored a factory Oris hitch
off german ebay a while back.  Installs like Casey's hitch but looks to me
to be considerably more substantial, rated to tow 1900kg.
Also has a neat toollessly detachable ball head that when removed leaves no
receiver hanging below the bumper.  I need to get some eyes welded on for
safety chains as those apparently aren't required in the fatherland and
probably get the crossbar powder coated.  These things turn up fairly
regularly & not too expensively, but shipping might be prohibitive; I was
fortunate to have been able to get it drop shipped to Berlin whence it
hitched a ride in a friend's container to the left coast.

joe