A MIG welder, an angle grinder, and Bob's your uncle.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 1:06 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Knowing dealers they will probably want to charge you an hour of labor for
> a diagnosis fee to tell you how kind it will cost
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 9, 2022, at 12:50 PM, dan penoff.com via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > Probably.
> >
> > I’ll get a quote just for grins.
> >
> > -D
> >
> >> On Jul 9, 2022, at 1:32 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I would think the dealer would charge an arm and a leg to do it.
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone

> upholstery shop owner) would just let me do it there.

> take it back to replace the headliner?

> this at the time, so no surprise. Not a big deal to me, but today more out
> of curiosity than anything else I tore into it.

> go full travel or close completely. Found some plastic pieces in the
> tracks, not good. When it did move it was crooked in the opening, which
> also wasn’t good.

> and then went inside to do some research.

> of which is plastic (grr.) The plastic wears and is subject to lots of heat
> in the roof, so it ages and gets brittle and breaks up. Only fix - $900
> part that requires removal of the headliner to replace. Bummer.

> upholstery guy is right up the street from the stealership and does a lot
> of work for them. I may see if I can coordinate something between the two
> so he can take the headliner out, run the car down to the dealer where they
> can replace the mechanism and get things working, then take it back so
> upholstery guy can finish the work.

> dealer alone, it would end up being a lot cheaper as I wouldn’t have to pay
> them to R&R the headliner.

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!