There is a pneumatic pump that both blows and sucks to open/close the doors and
trunk. German electromechanical engineering at its finest. 20A fuse was blown.
It was working then it quit so a new fuse cured it. The key fob now opens and
closes doors and opens trunk. (I need to order a new fob shell as this one is
worn out).  I used the blade key earlier to open driver door at Costco which of
course set off the alarm which was loud as hell. I should kill that thing.

BTW I ordered a 250 piece fuse kit off Amazon that showed up just before I
started this job (which was somewhat contorted because I had locked the
passenger door and the fuse panel is behind the passenger seat under the rear
seat and I had to climb in from the driver side, it is tight in the back) so I
could CHANGE THE FUSE. the kit has a bunch of the bigger blade fuses and the
smaller ones in various sizes. Should keep me going for awhile. It was not
expensive, good to have around in the tool kit.

I’m getting error messages for lights, some of which appear to be working.
Hmmmm. Some for bulbs in the tail lights which are not intuitively removable.
I’ll have to research that. Also says a low beam headlight but it is working. I
wonder if someone put in some funky bulbs. And the switch must be a replacement
as it does not pull out for fogs and rear bright taillight. Weird.

This car has headlight squirters that appear to be more like car wash sprayers.
I think the nozzles are buggered up as they sprayed the hood and fenders. Not
that I need them but interesting feature.

--FT
Sent from iFōn