Don,
it's the wiring harness and evaporator issues but this is common to
all 92 through 95 (?) MB's.

Then, you've got the complex, over engineered systems in the
car....why there are over 52 fuses alone!

And of course, you know about the diesel rod benders.

All that being said, I am completely happy with my 92 500SEL and have
never had a nicer car.