I am not happy with the results of vinegar cleaning. All of the big chunks are
out but still has a coating of rust and/or varnish. It seemed to be clean at
first but perhaps not. Anyway, I bought a kit that contains a cleaner for the
varnish and/or grease, then a rust cleaner, then the coating. Can a coating be
used on these tanks? It has a vent line that runs from the tank to the filler
neck, and the vent line from top of tank to the connection at the bottom. All
the videos and instructions I have seen talk about clearing these and are
accessible with a screw driver or what not to make sure the coating does not
seal up these connections. On this tank there is not a way to get to them.
Maybe I can blow some air into the vent connection before it sets up and clear
that one. What about the vent in the filler neck? There is not really a way to
get air or anything else to it as far as I can tell?

Sent from my iPhone