The hardest thing with a fuel tank is going to be suspending the anode inside
the tank...

-Curt

On Friday, October 28, 2022 at 05:07:52 PM EDT, Jim Cathey via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> How much washing soda does it take to electrically remove the rust from a 20
> gallon tank?

A handful.  Not that much, really.  You are just trying to make the water
conductive,
the electricity does all the work.  I think I used a cupful in the kiddie
wading pool
in which I de-rusted the Hercules engine head.

Before: http://formicapeak.com/~jimc/genset/genhead.jpg
After: http://formicapeak.com/~jimc/genset/genhead2.jpg
Pool o' Death (after): http://formicapeak.com/~jimc/genset/poolodeath.jpg

-- Jim