Mine seems to be holding up and getting enough photons, it is under a small overhang and doesn't really get a lot of sun anyway but it does OK.  The mount is crap but I got it tight enough after some fiddling, and turned the ball track almost horizontal so it doesn't have ED anymore.

I have got a couple of alerts at night, it looks like a swarm of some kind of insects that triggered it, they are maybe attracted to the IR light or something, I don't know if it is even shining when it is quiet.  Takes some pretty good night vids though.

--FT