Maybe my Hertz Tesla has some sort of sport suspension on it. But why would
Hertz do that? It just seems to be very stiffly sprung with limited
suspension travel. I have never been in a car that hobby horses over uneven
pavement like this thing. Frost heaves are what did Pobst in at Pikes Peak.

Johnny Cash's old Rolls was at my upholstery guy's shop a few months back
with a whole new electric drivetrain in it. I think that might actually be
a better car than this Y thing. I can see a 560 chassis responding well to
electric treatment. But the problem with all this hot rod stuff is lack of
support. Unless you are a garage hero with electric motors, where do you
turn when something acts up, like the heater or AC? Hope to live near the
conversion shop I guess.

Tesla seems to have pushed the motors and heating/cooling loops for cabin,
battery and motors/transmission to very elegant levels of sophistication
and efficiency, from what I read anyway. But the majors will close that gap
quickly. Toyota just launched an iron lithium battery car in China -
totally new tech for cars and no degradation of battery capacity over time
with less fire risk apparently.

I can see long haul trucks going hydrogen fuel cell for more range.