Locomotives are all electric. Hydrogen recombines back into water while
releasing electricity very nicely. The problem is that generating hydrogen
isn't particularly efficient. If the problem of producing hydrogen could be
solved it'd be handier than batteries although even more dangerous.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Nov 12, 2022 at 2:46 PM, Allan Streib via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   > I can see long haul trucks going
hydrogen fuel cell for more range.

I think long haul trucks will stay with diesel for the forseeable future. No
electric technology is close to feasible for pulling 80,000 lbs for 10+ hours
at a stretch.

Local deliveries may be another story. Electric may have a role there.

Our local school district has gone all-in on EV buses. I am interested to see
if they will be able to finish their routes on single-digit-temp January
mornings. I am guessing that the contract operators on the longer routes that
run into rural areas will stay with diesel.